Museum / Science Museum
A history museum which presents the culture of the Satsuma (Kagoshima) region. The museum building was modeled after the Byodoin’s Phoenix Hall. The museum’s exhibits and exhibitions are designed around the concept of experiencing the history and culture of Satsuma with all five senses. Much of the museum’s collection consists of works of art from China and Satsuma handed down through the ages since ancient times in the region, including gorgeous ceramics decorated with gold. The museum also displays historic texts, medals, and calligraphic works dating to the late Edo period. Visitors can enjoy the tastes of Satsuma in the museum restaurant.
- Kagoshima Pref. Ibusukishi Higashikata 12131-4 Map
- Minamisatsuma Area
- open everyday (maintenance closed)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, etc.)
- Not available
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Fantastic collection!
- Wasnt sure what to expect and the tickets were a bit dear (1500 yen per person), but I have no regret entering this outstanding museum. The building is neat, very attractive from within as it is...
- Admission fee is as high as 1500 JPY, but worth it. Interior/exterior view and lots of beautiful antiques, must see. Charge free baggage deposit and multi-language audio guide. Staffs are very polite...
- Initially skeptical but definitely worth it
- If you arrive at the hotel early take time to visit the museum. They have headsets and the explanations are extensive. The review of the pottery on the first floor goes on for a little it too long...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.