Shinjuku Gyoen (新宿御苑)
This garden, straddling Shinjuku and Shibuya wards has 58.3 hectares in size and a circumference of 3.5 kilometers. It was created as the Imperial garden in 1906 on the site of the residence that belonged to the Naito family, the feudal lord of Takato in Shinshu region and opened to the public after World WarⅡ. Famous as a modern western-style garden, it blends French Formal Garden, English Landscape Garden, and Japanese Traditional Garden and visitors can enjoy beautiful scenery with about 10,000 trees each season. The garden was selected as one of the top 100 spots in Japan to see cherry blossoms, and from early February to late April, visitors enjoy about 65 varieties of cherry blossom of over 1,100 cherry trees.
Tokyo Shinjuku-ku Naitoumachi 11 (Shinjuku / YoyogiArea)
[10/1-3/14] 9:00-16:00 (16:30Closed) [3/15-9/30] 9:00-17:30 (18:00 Closed) * 7/1-8 Excluding/20 [7/1-8/20] 9:00-18:30 (19:00 Closed)
Review of Old Goryo TeiTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- [10/1-3/14] 9:00-16:00 (16:30Closed) [3/15-9/30] 9:00-17:30 (18:00 Closed) * 7/1-8 Excluding/20 [7/1-8/20] 9:00-18:30 (19:00 Closed)
- Mon. (open Mon. And closed the following day if public holiday), New Year's holiday (12/29-1/3) * 3/25-4/24 and 11/1-11/15 do not rest on Monday I will open it.
- [Admission fee] [General] 500yen (30 or more group discount 400yen * No prior application required) [65 and over] 250yen (You need to show a certificate to confirm your age at the counter) [Students (High school students or above)] 250yen (You need to show your student ID at the counter) [Children (Junior high school students or less)] Free
- Parking Lot
- Available (Standard size200spaces, Large-sized vehicles5spaces) * 600yen up to 2 hours, 200yen every 30 minutes thereafter * Hours 6:30-21:00 (Open 24 hours Available) * Large-sized vehicles up to 1 hour 2,200 yen, every 30 minutes thereafter 550yen
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, Diners Club, DISCOVER, AMEX, etc.) * Only available at Yurinoki, shops, and parking lots Available
- Not available
- Available (Town Wi-Fi) * Information Center Area
- Vegetarian Menu
- English Menu
- Halal certified
- Temporary closure:Closed from March 27, 2020 (information as of April 2, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so be sure to check the official information.
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 500-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-90 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
The setting of countless iconic movie scenes and the inspiration for songs, poetry, and literature worldwide, Tokyo barely requires an introduction. It's hard for the kaleidoscopic neon lights, wacky pop culture, and some of the world's tallest structures not to instill excitement in any first-time visitor to Tokyo, whether you're in the very center of the hustle and bustle in Shinjuku or Shibuya or looking in from the quieter suburbs.