Takachiho Gorge Freshwater Fish Aquarium (高千穂峡淡水魚水族館)
At this freshwater fish aquarium visitors can see about 100 types of freshwater fish, including fish from the Gokase River basin and tropical freshwater fish from Africa. The lights in the building are dim, making the fish in the tanks easy to view. There is also an enclosed fishing area at the facility where you can catch rainbow trout. Many tourists drop in while visiting “Takachiho Gorge”.
Miyazaki Pref. Nishiusukiguntakachihochou Mukouyama 60-1 (Takachiho / NobeokaArea)
Review of Takachiho Gorge Freshwater Fish AquariumTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
In late November the gorge itself was disappointing in its koyo display. The Aquarium...
- Miyazaki Pref. Nishiusukiguntakachihochou Mukouyama 60-1 [map]
- 2nd/4Wednesday, 12/31, 1/1
- [Admission fee]
[Adults (High School Students and above)] 300yen
[Small/Junior High School Students] 200yen
[3 years old and over] 100yen
[2 years old and under] Free
- Parking Lot
- Not available (Please use the Charge parking lot in Takachiho Gorge)
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 29, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Yes (please use lead or crate)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
An unmissable highlight of Kyushu, Miyazaki prefecture satisfies nature lovers with its dramatic gorges cut out of rugged cliffs, leading into waterfalls and beaches of green-blue water popular among surfers. Takachiho Gorge in the north of the prefecture tells a tale of centuries-old Japanese mythology in a fantastic setting, allowing visitors to explore the waters by boat before heading up to the cave at the Awano Iwato Shrine, where the sun goddess was said to have hidden, plunging the world into darkness.