KUMAMOTO PREFECTURAL MUSEUM OF ART (Main Building)
This prefectural art museum is on the grounds of Ninomaru Park. It has a wide range of work on display, including paintings, crafts, and a collection of prints from Kumamoto-born artist Hamada Chimei. There's also a room with a reproduction of the decorated tombs found in the prefecture. The museum has high ceilings, and its large windows look out on the wooded surroundings. They hold regular programs too like museum seminars and workshops for kids.
- Kumamoto Pref. Kumamotoshichuouku Ninomaru 2
- Kumamoto City Area
- 9:30-17:15 (admission until 16:45)
- Monday (next weekday if public holidays)
[Main Building Exhibition Room] General280yen, University Students 170yen (Special exhibitions vary by exhibition)
[Annex:Hosokawa Collection Eisei Bunko Exhibition Room]General210yen, University Students 170yen
[Main Building and Annex]General430yen, University Students 260yen
*Free for high school students and younger
- Parking Lot
※Use Ninomaru/Sannomaru Fee parking lot, 200yen for up to 2 hours for passenger cars (100yen for every hour after that)
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Available(Free Wi-Fi)
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Gift shop is terrific
- Honestly, we did not pay money to visit the museum, but you can visit the gift shop no charge. Check out the beautiful Higo jewelry for a wonderful souvenier.
- European and traditional Japanese Art.
- Last time I visited the Art Museum was a couple of years ago. The museum has an excellent collection of traditional Japanese Art such as swords, screens and woodblock prints. The European section is...
- 細川家のコレクション 国宝も
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.