Takamori Dengaku Hozonkai
This restaurant in Takamori-machi, Aso County serves regional cuisine. It's a great place to try authentic Takamori dengaku, skewers made with salt grilled yamame salmon, tofu, konnyaku gelatin, taro, and seasonal wild vegetables smothered in a special miso sauce and cooked over a charcoal fire. You'll love eating this local favorite while chatting around the restaurant's traditional hearth. Their Takamori dengaku multi-course meal comes with fried bean curd, wild vegetable and dango dumpling soup, and tokibi rice.
- Kumamoto Pref. Asoguntakamorimachi Kamishikimi 2639
- Aso Area
- [4/5/Aug.--Nov.] 10:00-18:00 (LO17:00) [6/7/Dec.--Mar.] 11:00-18:00 (LO17:00)
- [6/7/Dec.--Mar.] 3rd December
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Vegetarian Menu
- Not available (* 2 Available by contacting us before Sunday)
- English Menu
- Available(We can accommodate Chinese speakers.)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Amazing little gem
- Thank goodness for TA or we would not have had one of the best eating experiences on our trip to Japan. Yu, the 3rd generation owner, his mother & father & all of his staff were so welcoming...
- Great Traditional BBQ
- This place provide a great traditional bbq. The ambience is like a traditional tatami style and the food is awesome. The owner is so friendly and take this time to explain the menu as he has a very...
- If you are in the south Mt Aso area, do not miss a unique experience to fill your stomach!
- We were lucky to be introduced to this restaurant by Japanese friends from Kumamoto.An unforgettable experience!
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.
Other areas of Kumamoto
- Kikuchi / Yamaga
- Yamaga Onsen Sakurayu
- Kikuchi Gorge
- Cocco Farm Tamago-An
- Yatsushiro / Uki / Kamimashiki
- Aeon Mall Kumamoto
- GRANDMESSE KUMAMOTO
- Okoshiki Beach