Saga Balloon Museum
Museum / Science Museum
A museum dedicated to hot air balloons situated along Chuo O-dori Street in 2 Chome Matsubara, Saga City. The museum presents the history and mechanisms behind hot air balloons and also contains exhibits on international competitions and other ballooning events held in Saga. Here visitors can view the actual Icarus 5, Japan's first successful manned hot air balloon; try a balloon flight simulator; and experience the world of hot air balloons through a super high vision, 280-inch theater screen.
- Saga Pref. Sagashi Matsubara 2-2-27
- 10:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- Monday (The next day if closed), New Year's holiday
- [Admission fee] [Adult] 500yen [Elementary school students-High school students] 200yen [Pre-schoolers] Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- History of balloon travel
- This museum is located near Central Post Office on Chuo Odori. If you walk from JR station, it takes about 20 minutes. In this museum, you can learn the history of balloon as well as the history of...
- visit if you have nothing to do
- There is nothing much to do in Saga, hence we visited the Balloon Museum as it was advertised as one of the main tourist attractions. There wasnt many people when we were there. We had the rail...
- Well worth a visit
- As Hot Air Balloonists we were very impressed with the museum. However it is not geared just for balloon enthusiasts and is well worth a visit when in Saga.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.