Genkai Energy Park玄海エネルギーパーク
A theme park operated by Kyushu Electric Power located in Imamura, Genkai Town, Higashimatsuura County, Saga Prefecture. Containing exhibits on nuclear power, here visitors can learn how nuclear power works through exhibits such as a life sized 13-meter-tall nuclear reactor; videos; and quizzes. In the adjoining GENKAICHO Next Generation Energy Park Asupia, visitors can view exhibits on next generation energy and enjoy facilities such as a playground and greenhouse filled with some 200 different plant varieties.
Saga Pref. Higashimatsuragungenkaichou Imamura Shallow Lake 4112-1 (Karatsu / YobukoArea)
- Saga Pref. Higashimatsuragungenkaichou Imamura Shallow Lake 4112-1 [ map ]
- Karatsu / YobukoArea
- 3rdMonday(The next day for Public holiday), New Year's Holiday(12/29-1/2)
- Parking Lot
- Available (about 50 spaces for Holiday)
- Available (There is a smoking area outside.)
- Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 9, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Away from the fast-paced cities of mainland Japan, Kyushu's Saga prefecture offers quaint towns and cities known for their traditional crafts, particularly ceramics. Rich in kaolin (a type of clay), Saga became the homeland of Arita ware, a delicate, decorative porcelain that is now celebrated worldwide and can be discovered in the towns of Arita, Imari, and Karatsu.