Genkai Squid Specialty Kaishu
A squid specialty restaurant located in Tononoura, Yobuko-cho, Karatsu City. The restaurant serves seafood from the Genkai Sea and dishes made with Yobuko's famous live squid, including squid ikizukuri and squid shumai steamed dumplings. In addition to set meals like an ikizukuri set meal, seafood rice bowls, and a kaiseki course meal featuring all manner of squid dishes, the establishment also offers reservation only course meals. In the adjoining Yobuko Kaishu Kodawari Kobo, visitors can watch squid shumai being made beyond a glass window and purchase some of these tasty dumplings to bring home.
- Saga Pref. Karatsushi Yobukochoutononoura Map
- 11:00-18:00 (subject to change depending on the weather and season)
- New Year's holiday
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay)
- Not available
- Vegetarian Menu
- Not available
- English Menu
Temporary suspension:Closed until May 6, 2020 (Information as of May 1, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so be sure to check the official information.
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen, 3,001-5,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Available (limited to use on 1F)
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Classic Karatsu Squid Specialities
- I wanted to add to the English reviews on Karatsu restaurants. We wanted to try the dishes that most Japanese tourists choose in Karatsu. The big deal here is very, very fresh squid. Large sets of...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.