Roadside Station Mizunashi Honjin Fukae
Michi no Eki Road Station
"This roadside station is located in Tei, Fukae-cho, Minamishimabara City along the Shimabara Highway. It has a shop with approximately 1,000 specialty products and original products such as ""Somen Kanrinto"" and ""Iriko Senbei,"" restaurant offering the local Shimabara cuisine ""Guzoni,"" stores for Miyamakirishima azaleas and an antiques store. In addition, there is also Memorial Park of Houses Destroyed by Debris Flow, that shows the damage from an eruption of Mt. Unzen Fugen, and a Large Pyroclastic Flow Experience Center that shows valuable footage during disasters. You can see Mt. Heiseishinzan from the premises."
- Nagasaki Pref. Minamishimabarashi Fukaechou Tei 6077
- Irregular holidays
- [Preservation Park] [Admission fee] Freedom [Large Tuesday Crushing Experience Center] [Adult] 200yen [Children] 150yen * Tuesday Mountain Learning Center is closed
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- English Menu
Temporary suspension:Closed until May 10, 2020 (Information as of May 8, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- HBH Nature always wins!
- Visited as part of a group tour from a cruise ship. A very emotional visit. Flow from the erupting volcano drowned these houses up to roof height. They are now preserved in a large covered site, that...
- Mt Fugen volcano erupted in 1991 and the lava from the volcano ran down the slopes of the mountain to the sea. In its path was the small village of Mizunashi. The lava cut a swath through the village...
- Historic Place
- Visited here as part of a cruise ship itinerary tour. The place is a memorial to a volcanic eruption and has a large sheltered enclosure built over houses dragged down in the lava flow. The houses...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.