Kochi Castle Museum of History
Museum / Science Museum
This museum is adjacent to Kochi Castle in Otesuji, Kochi City. Its collection contains some 67,000 valuable artifacts handed down by generations of the Yamauchi family, who were the lords of the Tosa Domain, as well as historical artifacts related to the Tosa Domain and Kochi Prefecture. Visitors can learn about the history of Tosa through museum exhibits, including some hands-on exhibits, as well as through events including special exhibitions and interactive lectures. The museum also has an observation lobby with a commanding view of Kochi Castle, a tea room, and other facilities.
- Kouchi Pref. Kouchishi Otesuji 2-7-5
- Kochi City Area
- 9:00-18:00 (Sunday from 8:00)
※No regular Closed
[Admission fee] 500yen
[Admission fee (exhibition period)] 700yen
※Set tickets with Kochi Castle available
- Parking Lot
- Not available(For the disabled2spacesAvailable)
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, Diners Club)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Available (lactation room available)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- My Japanese SO found this interesting
- Might be worth a look for nonJapanese tourists, certainly worth a look if you or your partner read Japanese . There were some stamps and astronmy cards for kids, but it probably is not the best...
- A brilliant new building worth visiting just for that
- This museum is housed in a brilliantly designed building with a true focus on Japanese style with a modern eye. The exhibition is based on the history of the now called Kochi area and provides an...
- The architecture of this museum is striking but we were very disappointed in the actual displays, which are minimal. Signage is in Japanese but we were told afterwards that there are headphones with...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.