"Located around 25 minutes' drive from the Saga Yamato Interchange of the Nagasaki Expressway, Saga-jinja Shrine is dedicated to Nabeshima Naomasa, the 10th lord of the Saga domain, and Nabeshima Naohiro, the 11th lord. Nabeshima Naomasa created Japan's first reverberatory furnace for use in manufacturing large cannon, and is famous for his contribution towards ending Japan's self-isolation from the world in the early modern era; in recognition of his achievements, Saga-jinja Shrine was designated as an Imperial Shrine of Special Status. He has been deified as a god of culture, transportation and learning. It is said that if you pray at all eight individual shrines located within Saga-jinja Shrine's precincts, starting with Matsubara Shrine that is dedicated to the Nabeshima family's ancestors, then your wish will come true. At midnight on New Year's Day morning, a ""Cannon Salute Ceremony"" is held at which a historic cannon is fired eight times to mark the New Year."
- Saga Pref. Sagashi Matsubara 2-10-43
- 5:00-18:00(SunsetGates shut )
- open everyday
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Available (Free Wi-Fi)
- *Tel is connected to the Ogi City Commerce and Industry Tourism Division.
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Dedicated to samurai leader
- This Shinto shrine, located near Saga prefecture office, is dedicated to Nabeshima family, leader of Samurais, which governed Saga area before Meiji restoration. Like many other shrines, the entrance...
- prominent shrine of 佐賀
- We visited it as it is just 10 mins from the佐賀城本丸歴史館. It is the main shrine of Saga, . Easy to access as it is along main road, and the flattering red banners plus the canon placed near the entrance...
- Not crowded
- The Shrine is photogenic and youll have the place to your self. Theres also a picturesque stream nearby.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.