"Oirase Stream can be reached by a JR Bus service from JR Shin-Aomori Station; the journey takes around two hours. It is one of the most scenic places in the Towada-Hachimantai National Park; the river flows out from Lake Towada through the gorge for a distance of around 14 kilometers, from Nenokuchi to Yakeyama, with a road and a footpath all the way along, making it easy for visitors to experience the gorge's wonderful natural scenery. There are many ""must-see's"" in the area, including the Ashura Rapids, which are one of the Oirase Stream's best-known sights, and Choshi-otaki Waterfall, one of the most imposing waterfalls in the gorge. Visitors can see the new spring greenery in May-June, and view the autumn foliage in mid to late October; the winter scenery, when the ground is covered with snow, is also very beautiful."
- Aomori Pref. Towadashi Okuse
- You can see Hours on HP.
- open everyday
- Parking Lot
- *Tel:Lake Towada National Park Association.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Night light show is wonderful
- Generally speaking, the Oirase Stream is hard to access by public transport during winter due to road closure, but the winter sight is awesome which is something I realy wanted to see. So I joined...
- Fresh Air and nice scenery
- Plan before you go for the trip. Bus from Aomori allows you to stop at your prefered place so that you can hike up the stream.If you do not own a JR pass, it will be wise to buy the 5000yen pass...
- Very Good trails
- Good to walk here during Autumn, many good spots view to stop and take photos, if we come a bit late, it is the good time because not crowed
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.