Tsuyama Castle (Kakuzan Park)
Park / Green Space
This castle ruin park is located near the Tsuyama Wonder Museum in Tsuyama City. One of Japan's three major mountain castles, it once had 60 towers and was built by Mori Ranmaru's younger brother Mori Tadamasa on Mt. Kaku. Although all buildings were destroyed with the ordinance for the disposal of castles, the Bichu Yagura was restored as a characteristic building of a mountain castle in 2005 and is open to the general public. The ruins of the castle became Kakuzan Park, and is also famous as a place for viewing cherry blossoms that was chosen as one of Japan's Top 100 Cherry Blossom Spots, and has particularly splendid night cherry blossoms illuminated by small lamps with paper shades.
- Okayama Pref. Tsuyamashi Sange 135 Map
[Oct.-Mar.]8:40-17:00(Seasonal Subject to change)
[During the Cherry Blossom Festival]7:30-22:00
- [Admission fee] Adults (high school students and above) 310yen
- Parking Lot
※Tsuyama Tourist Center
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB)
- Not available
- Not available
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 29, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Possible (Caged or placed in a basket so that the face does not come out.)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Tsuyama sakura festival
- This is my first time visiting to this castle! Its really nice during Tsuyama sakura festival although its a little bit late to see sakura flowers. The castles compound is very big and the city...
- The castle which at its peak, boasted having seventy buildings was one of the grandest castles in feudal Japan.
- Tsuyama, known as the little Kyoto of Mimasaka was a place I had long wanted to visit. Tsuyama’s development was quite early because of its strategic location on the route from Kyoto to Izumo. During...
- Sakura heaven!
- For sakura - it’s a winner!We came for the sakura and Tsuyama Castle Park did not disappoint. The 1000 trees were in full bloom and gorgeous when we visited.We were really enchanted by the...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.