Kumagaya Sakura Tsutsumi (熊谷桜堤)
This popular cherry blossom viewing spot is on the Arakawa River in Kumagaya City. It covers about two kilometers of cherry trees along the levees downstream from Arakawa Bridge. It's been a popular spot since the Edo Period, and it has been chosen as one of Japan's Top 100 Cherry Blossom Viewing Sites. A cherry blossom festival is held in season, and they illuminate the trees in the evening. The Sakura Marathon takes place there in late March, and in the summer, it's the venue for the Kumagaya Fireworks.
Saitama Pref. Kumagayashi Kawarachou Sakuragicho (Honjo / KumagayaArea)
The best time of the year is Late Mar.-Early Apr.
- Saitama Pref. Kumagayashi Kawarachou Sakuragicho [map]
- Honjo / KumagayaArea
- The best time of the year is Late Mar.-Early Apr.
- Free visit
- No admission fee is required
- Parking Lot
- Available (250spaces)
* Riverside temporary parking lot, Nearby Many
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Other (Scheduled smoking area)
- Not available
- * The best time to see is Late Mar.-Early Apr.
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Eclipsed by neighboring Tokyo, Saitama is often branded as the sleepy suburbs. However, look a little deeper and you'll uncover quaint towns bursting with history and crafts from the kurazukuri Edo-period clay houses of Kawagoe to the ancient tree-enveloped temples of Chichibu.