Kurokawa Onsen Okunoyu (黒川温泉 奥の湯)
This is the 26-room Kurokawa hot spring traditional Japanese inn. It sits on an extensive site of 6,600 meters squared; you can enjoy a variety of hot springs 24 hours a day depending on your personal taste such as the open-air bath, the cave bath or the family bath which can be reserved. The handcrafted river bath is popular, which commands a view of the spectacular waterfall at the front. There is also Kurokawa’s only heated hot spring pool, so you can even visit with children and have peace of mind.
Kumamoto Pref. Asogunminamiogunimachi Manganji Kurokawa 6567 (Aso / KurokawaArea)
Review of Kurokawa Onsen OkunoyuTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
It’s a lovely setting. Next to the river it’s very pretty. The dinner was great...
We didnt expect this land to be this beautiful and it was good surprise.
Walking distance to Kurokawa Onsen town but driving might be easier. Youll...
- Kumamoto Pref. Asogunminamiogunimachi Manganji Kurokawa 6567 [map]
- Aso / KurokawaArea
- open everyday (Because of cleaning, bathing is not possible from 10:00-15:00 on Monday and Friday)
- Adults500yen, Child (1 year old-Elementary School Students) 300yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Temporary suspension of business:Closed until July 17, 2020 (Information as of June 29, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Kumamoto lies in the center of Kyushu, a calm prefecture perfect for easy strolls around the historic center and lazy evenings in the natural hot springs at Kurokawa Onsen. For a slightly more strenuous activity, head to Mount Aso, whose surrounding hills offer hiking opportunities aplenty with views over the active volcano.