Museum / Science Museum
Here at the TOTO Museum you can learn about the roots and history of TOTO Ltd. who played a role in Japan's modernization. Along with the culture and history surrounding plumbing from their founding to the present day you can see their thoughts behind the creation and evolution of their products. There are almost 1,000 displays to see and along with goods on display including toilets, baths, faucets, and Japan's first unit bathroom (according to JIS regulations), there is also a toilet for sumo wrestlers that you can actually sit on to compare the size and new products that are only sold overseas.
- Fukuoka Pref. Kitakyushushikokurakitaku Nakashima 2-1-1 Map
- Kitakyushu Area
- 10:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- Monday, During summer vacation, New Year's holiday
- [Admission fee] Free * For groups (20 people and above), reservation is required to visit by chartered bus.
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club) * Used only in shops Available
- Available (Smoking Room Available)
- Available(Free Wi-Fi)
Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of June 22, 2020)
*Information may be changed, so be sure to check the official information.
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Possible * Senior car (handle type electric wheelchair) cannot be used
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Possible (Available only when using a pet case)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Fantastic Museum! Free, Modern, and full of Information!
- What a great museum the Toto Museum was. I traveled to Kitakyushu mainly to visit this museum and it was the highlight of my weekend trip. I walked here from the train station, it was a bit far but...
- Fascinating and funny
- Fabulous museum. Very well signed in English. Kids will enjoy it also. The information is fascinating and funny. Worth a stop. You do not need a special tour guide.
- A Kitakyushu Gem
- This may sound hyperbolic but the TOTO Museum is one of the most well-conceived museums of any kind. It perfectly balances the company’s numerous accomplishments without taking itself too seriously...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.