Kumamoto Prefectural Traditional Crafts Center熊本県伝統工芸館
A cultural facility located in Kumamoto City, Kumamoto Prefecture which focuses on displaying traditional crafts from the prefecture. The museum exhibits a collection some 80 varieties and 1,000 examples of crafts created by Kumamoto craftspersons such as higo zogan inlaying, porcelain, cutlery, bamboowork, and dyed and woven fabrics. Some of the exhibits can be touched, weekly events are held, and the facility also sells crafts by artisans from both Kumamoto and other areas.
Kumamoto Pref. Kumamotoshichuouku Chibajoumachi 3-35
9:00-17:00 ※ The exhibition in the rental room is until All day on all days until 16:00
Review of Kumamoto Prefectual Traditional Crafts CenterTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
Lots to see and taste....
They also had some demonstrations of various cultural things in the centre stage...
Kumamoto Pref. Kumamotoshichuouku Chibajoumachi 3-35 [map]
- 9:00-17:00 ※ The exhibition in the rental room is until All day on all days until 16:00
- Monday (The day following if it falls on a public holiday), New Year's Holiday 12/28-1/4
※ 2018/12/25-2019/7 will be closed temporarily for construction
- [Admission fee] Free ※ The 2nd floor planning and permanent exhibition room is Adults210yen, undergraduate/college student 130years student, Free for high school students and younger students
- Parking Lot
- Available 20spaces
- Available (outdoor smoking area Available)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- View route from Station View route from Bus Stop View route from IC View route from Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Kumamoto Main Areas
Kumamoto lies in the center of Kyushu, a calm prefecture perfect for easy strolls around the historic center and lazy evenings in the natural hot springs at Kurokawa Onsen. For a slightly more strenuous activity, head to Mount Aso, whose surrounding hills offer hiking opportunities aplenty with views over the active volcano.