Nagasaki Prefectural Art Museum
Adjoining Nagasaki Seaside Park, this art museum impresses visitors with its open and airy atmosphere incorporating greenery and light. The building was designed by Kengo Kuma & Associates, a firm which also designed a famous Star Bucks Coffee building in Dazaifu and the Asakusa Culture and Tourism Center. The design has won numerous awards, including the Good Design Award. The museum’s collection is founded on the works gathered in life by foreign diplomat Yakichiro Suma. The museum also displays artwork connected to Nagasaki and Spanish art pieces. A two-minute walk from the Dejima stop on the tramway.
- Nagasaki Pref. Nagasakishi Dejimamachi 2-1
- Nagasaki Area
- 2nd/Apr. (Tuesday for Public holidays), New Year's holiday
- [Collaboration Exhibition Admission fee] [General] 420yen [College student] 310yen [Small, junior high and high school students] 210yen [Senior (70 years old and over)] 310yen * Special exhibition is not included
- Parking Lot
- Available * Affiliated parking lot Available (Fee)
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Vegetarian Menu
- English Menu
* Currently, the opening hours are being shortened as a countermeasure against new coronavirus infectious diseases.
[Friday, Saturday] 10:00-20:00
- Average budget
- [Day] 1,001-3,000yen [Night] 1,001-3,000yen Remarks:Nagasaki Prefectural Art Museum Cafe
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Very good with a curatorial but...
- Impressive building at the southern end of Dejima. Attended the Audrey Hepburn exhibition. I could look at Audrey all day and there were some 200 images to gaze upon but without a scintilla of...
- Beautiful architecture + great view from roof terrace
- Its close to Deijima Tram Station and is beautifully designed. If you are interested in modern architecture, you should go and check it out. The museum structure spans over a canal. The interior is...
- Night Art Museum experience:)
- I went there to see Quatro Ragazzi exhibition around 7pm. The exhibition itself was just amazing. I could see a number of Namban and martyrdom artworks and they were literary gems of Japanese...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.