Karatsu Castle (Maizuru-jo “Dancing Crane Castle”)
Castle / Ruins of Castle
This is a castle which could also be called a symbol of Karatsu, located in the northern part of Karatsu City, Saga Prefecture. Terazawa Hirotaka, a retainer of Toyotomi Hideyoshi, spent seven years to build this castle. The inner citadel sits on Mt. Mitsushima which projects out into Karatsu Bay, while the outer citadel is on the west bank and the third citadel leads to a renkaku style flatland mountain castle. The inner citadel has now been turned into Maizuru Park, and also you can see the superb views of Matsuura Bay from that observation point, the current castle keep which was completed in 1966.
- Saga Pref. Karatsushi Higashijounai 8-1
※depending on the season
- [Admission fee] [General] 500yen [Elementary and junior high school students] 250yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (Store only VISA, MasterCard, JCB, American Express, Diners, Discover, UnionPay)
- Not available
Temporary suspension:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 12, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Estimated stay time
- 0-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Possible (using stair lift) * Suspended to prevent new coronavirus infection
- Infant friendly
- Yes (with nursing room)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.