Fukuoka City Museum
Museum / Science Museum
This public City Museum is near both Fukuoka Tower and the Fukuoka Dome. On display are historical materials that are closely related to both Fukuoka and Hakata. The King of Na gold seal, a National Treasure of Japan, made from real gold, is continuously on display inside of a case. There are numerous masterpieces on display that were donated by the Kuroda Family, former Lords of Fukuoka Domain, including a famous spear, the Nippon-Go, and numerous legendary swords.
- Fukuoka Pref. Fukuokashisawaraku Momochihama 3-1-1 Map
9:30-17:30 (Entry by 17:00)
* Please refer to the website for details as the opening hours of During Summer will change.
- Monday (The next day for Public holidays), New Year's holiday
- [Admission fee common to permanent exhibitions and special exhibitions] General 200yen, high school students 150yen, Junior high school students Free [20 people and above Group fee] General 150yen, high school students 100yen * Special exhibition is a separate fee Friday
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (Please check at the counter for available credit cards)
- Not available
- Available (Fukuoka City Wi-Fi) * Some places may not be available
- English Menu
- Halal certified
- Yes (rice with egg)
Temporary suspension:Closed until June 1, 2020 (Information as of May 5, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Gold seal
- Fukuoka City Museum is located near Fukuoka Tower. If you take Subway, the nearest station is Nishijin. The main attraction of this museum is “gold seal” that was given to a Japanese ruler by Chinese...
- Impressive arrangement
- One of most impressive to see is all about the arrangement, very neat and tidy, clean and easy to follow even for such foreigners like me. Only thing is about no pictures allowed to take and most of...
- Amazing place
- It is nice to visit to know about culturals of Fukuoka developing during a long time by people and evidence
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.