Ippodo Tea (Kyoto flagship shop)
Other Coffee Shop
A venerable Japanese tea specialty shop founded in 1717 facing Teramach-dori Street in Kyoto City. The shop mainly carries renowned Kyoto teas characterized by a delicate fragrance, refined sweetness, and mild flavor. From teas which require a whisk and teapot to teabags, the shop carries a wide array of products, and customers can taste before they buy. The shop also provides a takeout service, making it the perfect place to stop by while strolling along Teramachi-dori Street of the Kamo River on a sunny day. You can also enjoy making your own tea in the adjoining Kaboku tea room.
- Kyoto Prefecture Kyoto City Nakagyo-ku Teramachi-dori Nijo Le Ru
- City Center Area
- 10:00-17:00 (cafeteria closes at 16:30)
- New Year's holiday (Cafe is New Year's holiday)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- Vegetarian Menu
- Not available
- English Menu
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Wonderful taste of Japan
- For tea lovers this is the place to go. You can experience a wide range of excellent teas and have them prepared in traditional styles. Their staff is very gracious and friendly. You can sit in or...
- Taste, enjoy, explore Japanese tea
- This large, picturesque tea store contains pleasant tea house in which you can sample Japanese tea styles you enjoy, try new ones, learn more about brewing them, or just have a pleasant break. The...
- Best Japanese green tea
- Come to the beautiful Ippodo tea house in the historic district of Kyoto for an authentic Japanese tea experience. Purchase tea to take home with you from the adjoining shop.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.