Iga Ueno Castle
Other Historic Site/Building
This castle is also called the Hakuho (white phoenix) castle as the white shining walls of this three-story castle look almost like a phoenix resting its wings. Distinguished castle designer Todo Takatora, who took up the position of feudal lord of Tsu Domain, Ise Province originally built a five-story castle keep but it was destroyed during a great storm in 1612. The current castle keep was restored in 1935. The beautiful stone walls with a height of 30 meters as well as the inner moat remain as they were at the time when Takatora designed them, and the castle was designated as a national historic site in 1967, while the castle keep was designated as an Iga City Tangible Cultural Property in 1985.
- Mie Pref. Igashi Uenomarunouchi 106
- Iga / Ueno Area
- 9:00-17:00(Last entry16:45)
- [Cabinet fee] Adults600yen, Elementary and junior high school students300yen
- Parking Lot
- Available (Municipal Park Parking About 100 spaces)
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 31, 2020 (Information as of May 8, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Estimated stay time
- 0-30 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Impossible (Because it is a castle tower built on Thursday, you will have to climb the stone steps and stairs to see it)
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Yes (only allowed in a hug or cage)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Great view of Iga
- A bit of a steep hike up to the castle but worth the effort. The view from the third floor windows is spectacular of the city and surrounding area. Many oif the exhibits have English texts but...
- Lovely walk around the grounds and castle and exhibits in the castle itself. Very peaceful and tranquil, amazing to know this was built hundreds of years ago and still standing!
- Beautiful Castle
- The Ueno Castle is beautiful. Youll get some great photos are youre walking up to the castle from outside. The inside for me was just so-so and wasnt what I was expecting. At the entrance you do...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.