MIHO MUSEUMMIHO MUSEUM(ミホ ミュージアム)(2020/8/11まで休業中)
This unique design of this art museum in Koka City, Shiga was created by famous architect, I. M. Pei who was also responsible for designing the glass pyramid at the Musee de Louvre. Built to evoke the image of Shangri-La, 80% of the building is underground allowing it to assimilate into the beautiful natural surroundings. Over 3,000 pieces of art are on display in four exhibition rooms which cover Egypt, Western-Asia, Southern-Asia, and the Western Regions of China and special themed exhibits are also held. * The museum is closed for the winter until March 20th, 2019.
Shiga Pref. Koukashi Shigarakichoutashiro Momotani 300 (Koka / ShigarakiArea)
10:00-17:00 (Last admission 16:00)
Review of Miho MuseumTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
A wide variety of exhibits was displayed, orient to occident and ancient to...
- Shiga Pref. Koukashi Shigarakichoutashiro Momotani 300 [ map ]
- Koka / ShigarakiArea
- 10:00-17:00 (Last admission 16:00)
- Monday (next weekday for public holidays) *Open in spring, summer and autumn
- [Admission fee]Adults1,100yen, High school student 800yen, Elementary and middle school student 300yen
[2020 3Monday 14Sunday or later]
Adults1,300yen, High school student 1,000yen, Elementary and middle school student Free
- Parking Lot
- Available 300spaces
- Credit Card
- Other (only at specified location)
- English Menu
- Temporary suspension of business:Closed until August 11, 2020 (Information as of August 3, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Temporary suspension of business:Closed until 2020/8/11 (according to 2020/8/11)
*Information may be changed, so be sure to check the official information.
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Visitors to Shiga prefecture are almost always hopping east across the prefectural border from Kyoto, and they are almost certainly Lake Biwa-bound. Covering an area of 670 square kilometers, Lake Biwa makes up the bulk of Shiga prefecture, with beautiful lakeside paths that offer myriad walking and cycling opportunities, connecting a string of museums, shrines, and picturesque views that finally lead you to Hikone Castle on the eastern side of the lake.