This is a shrine located in Kobe City. The shrine has a history of more than 1,800 years dating back to the time of Empress Jingu, and its founding is also noted in the “Nihon Shoki” (second oldest book of classical Japanese history). It is famous as a shrine which brings love to a happy conclusion, and is also famous for marriage and prayers for easy childbirth; the shrine is fondly known by the pet name of “Ikuta San”. The vermilion-lacquered columns of the tower gate and the main shrine are impressive, so the shrine is also popular as a ceremonial hall for Shinto weddings. Many worshipers visit throughout the year and flock to the temple for the first shrine visit of the New year.
- Hyogo Pref. Koubeshi Chuou-ku Shimoyamatedori 1-2-1
- [Goshuin Reception hours] 9:00-17:00
- open everyday
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Eat Kobe beef at Mouriya Honten and stroll over to the shrine
- We had lunch a Mouriya Honten and enjoyed our Kobe beef for lunch. It was expensive but Kobe beef is known all over the world.The Ikuta Shrine was just a short walk from Mouriya Honten. We saw a...
- Beautiful and quite
- Nice place to walk around and refresh your self..very quiet so loved it and relaxed around.. will definitely come again
- Near Motomachi JR station
- Worth dropping by. 10 mins walking distance from the JR station to the shrine..near Tokyu Hands also
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.