Osaka Aquarium (Kaiyukan) (海遊館)
This aquarium in the Tempozan Bay Area is the world's largest aquarium. It is even more popular now as they have drastically changed how guests view the exhibits, including the Pacific Ocean Tank where you can see whale sharks leisurely swimming about. Enjoy a wide variety of Pacific-Rim themed exhibits to see and enjoy including California Sea Lions, Pacific White-sided Dolphins, and a fish tank with a tunnel from which you can observe the animals.
Osaka Osakashi Minato-ku Kaigandori 1-1-10 (USJ / Bay AreaArea)
10:00-20:00 (Admission is until 1 Hours before closing) * depending on the season. Check the website for details.
Ticket InformationUpdate date：2021/12/05
- 10:00-20:00 (Admission is until 1 Hours before closing) * depending on the season. Check the website for details.
- 2022/1/12, 13
- [Admission fee] [Adults (High school students/1Over 6)] 2,400yen [Elementary and junior high school students] 1,200yen [Toddlers (3 years old and over)] 600yen [Shinia (65 and over/Certificate required) )] 2,200yen
- Parking Lot
- Available (1,000 spaces) * [Weekday] 200yen/30 minutes (maximum charge Friday 1,200yen) [SaturdaySunday Public holiday/specific Sunday] 250yen/30 minutes (maximum charge Friday 2,000yen)
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, Diners)
- Not available
- Not available
- Vegetarian Menu
- Available (Available ability if requested)
- English Menu
- Available (English version leaflet)
- Halal certified
- Yes (Tempozan Market Place 3F)
- Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 22, 2020)
*Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
While Osaka prefecture is the country's second smallest prefecture, its capital, Osaka City, is the country's third-largest and arguably one of the most popular in the Kansai region thanks to its vibrant nightlife, the Osaka people's openness, and its much-loved cuisine, which has earned it the nickname "the nation's kitchen."