The Museum of Oriental Ceramics, Osaka (大阪市立東洋陶磁美術館)
The Museum of Oriental Ceramics, Osaka, which opened in 1982, is dedicated to ceramics from the East Asia region. The Museum’s collection—which is focused mainly on Chinese and Korean ceramics—is world-class in terms of both quantity and quality. The 300 or so representative items that make up the Museum’s permanent exhibitions effectively bring across the appeal of ceramics, such as the painstaking effort made to ensure that ceramics reflect the light to best effect. The Museum’s themed exhibitions and special exhibitions are also very popular.
Osaka Osakashi Kita-ku Nakanoshima 1-1-26 (Kita / Osaka Station / Umeda / YodoyabashiArea)
Review of Osaka Shiritsu Toyo Toji MuseumTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
- Osaka Osakashi Kita-ku Nakanoshima 1-1-26 [map]
- 9:30-17:00(Latest entry16:30)
- Monday (The day following if it falls on a public holiday), New Year's holiday, Exhibition change Period
- [Admission fee to view permanent exhibition]
[High school student] 300yen
* Friday will change for special exhibitions and special exhibitions.
- Parking Lot
- Not available
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, UnionPay)
- Not available
- English Menu
- Temporary suspension:Closed until June 1, 2020 (Information as of May 20, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
While Osaka prefecture is the country's second smallest prefecture, its capital, Osaka City, is the country's third-largest and arguably one of the most popular in the Kansai region thanks to its vibrant nightlife, the Osaka people's openness, and its much-loved cuisine, which has earned it the nickname "the nation's kitchen."