This ropeway spanning Tanigawadake at the border of Gunma Prefecture and Niigata Prefecture connects the 746-meter altitude Doaiguchi Station with the Tenjindaira Station located at an altitude of 1,319 meters. There is also an observatory, and visitors can use a lift to reach Tenjin Toge Pass which is the start of a hiking route. The trekking course from Tenjin Toge follows the mountain ridge and takes about two and a half hours, and is a veritable treasure house for plants such as Hosobahinayukiso (a kind of Leontopodium Fairriei). The large 360-degree panoramic view from the top of the mountain affords spectacular vistas of the surrounding mountains, and is a very popular hiking course that is suitable even beginners.
- Gunma prefecture Tone-gun Minakami-machi Yuzonso Yu Fukayama National Forest Tanigawa-dake ropeway Map
- Numata-Tone Area
- open everyday (may be suspended due to bad weather or regular inspection)
[Ropeway Fares (return)] Adults 2,100yen, Children (Elementary school age students and under) 1,050yen
[Sightseeing Lift (Round Trip)] Adults/Children 730yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Not available
- English Menu
Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of April 30, 2020)
*Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 3,001-5,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Available (restaurants and autumn foliage season not available)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Fun excursion
- The cable car will take you up the mountain and the chairlift will send you further up after the cable car ride. Take note the chairlift fee is not included in the cable car ride ticket. It is...
- Along way to the top to ski
- We took the rope way to access the ski resort. A fascinating view of very steep terrain. Along with skiers and foot tourist were many snowshoers and hikers.
- Amazing scenery, physical challenging but worth it!
- It was a great climb but would have wanted to know how difficult it was from the start. And we didnt even climb from the foot of the mountain. We started from the rope way.Ppl we asked were the...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.