Otaki no Yu
Hot Spring / Hot Spring Bath
This is a day-trip onsen facility located in the eastern side of Kusatsu Onsen that has been loved as a well-known hot spring since long ago. The onsen draws in hot water from the nikawa source which is also known as “bijin no yu” (hot water for beautiful women). It is famous for its “awase yu” in which people soak in order at four baths which all have slightly different temperatures. In addition to enjoying the spacious large bathtub, rotemburo (outdoor bath) and utase-yu (waterfall bath), there is also a private available by reservation. The facility includes a lounge area, restaurant, souvenir shop, and café on the premises, so visitors can fully enjoy their onsen experience with relaxing strolls to take a break.
- 596-13 Kusatsu-machi, Agatsuma-gun, Gunma prefecture
- Agatsuma Area
- 9:00-21:00(Last entry20:00)
- open everyday (However, there is a closure due to maintenance)
- [Bathing fee] Adults (Junior high school students and older) 900yen, Children (3 years old-Elementary school students) 400yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club, etc.)
- Not available
- English Menu
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Nice place to spend a few onsen hours!
- Good super sentou style onsen, with inside baths, outside baths, sauna and awase-yu:smaller bathtubs with different temperatures (39 - 46 degrees, best tried in that order to get used to the...
- Best public onsen
- During our stay at Kusatsu, our hotel does have its own onsen.However, this is an experience not to be missed. They have Awaseyu, and outdoor onsen.The indoor wooden onsen- awaseyu has...
- Must visit
- Located about 5 minutes walk from Yubatake, offering two indoor onsen and an outdoor onsen with 2 pools. One of the indoor onsen has 6 pools in different temperatures. Quite challenging and good fun...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.