Usuitouge Tetsudo Bunka Mura
Museum / Science Museum
This is a railroad theme park located in Annaka City’s Matsuida Town established on the site of the former JR Yokokawa Locomotive Depot rail yard. The main attraction is the locomotive engineer experience in which visitors can drive a real 108-ton electric locomotive (reservation required). Inside the park is a Railway Museum where visitors can learn about the history of the now-abandoned Usui Line and the Railway Display Hall which houses more than 30 valuable train cars. Visitors can ride a steam locomotive that goes around the park, a miniature steam locomotive and a trolley train, making this park popular among both children and railroad fans alike.
- Gunma Pref. Annakashi Matsuidamachiyokokawa 407-16
- Western Area
[3/1-10/31] 9:00-17:00 (Last entry 16:30)
[11/Jan.--Feb. End] 9:00-16:30 (Last entry 16:00)
Tuesday (The next day for Public holidays), 12/29-1/4
[Aug.] Open everyday
[Admission fee] Junior high school students and older500yen, Elementary School Students300yen, Elementary School Students less than Free
* Experience facility is not included
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Others (Available only in specified locations)
- Not available
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Yes (outdoor only)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Amazing Museum
- Just a great place to visit. Come early and see a lot. Best days are with clear weather. Due to COVID-19, the visitors has reduced.
- Great place to bring children
- My wife and I are visiting from Canada and decided to stop in here, and wow this would be such a great place to bring children. A number of rides are available for children plus a small train that...
- Great place to visit for people of all ages.
- This is a nice set in a picturesque valley. Once the locomotive depot on the mountainous line to Nagano, it has a strong focus on diesel locomotives. Every cab on every train on display is...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.