This is a park where you can watch bathing monkeys in a hot spring and it is also popular with foreign tourists as a place to see “snow monkeys”. All the monkeys in the park are wild and enter the hot spring in order to be able to endure the cold temperatures of the severe winters which can reach minus 10°C. The park is located in the valley of Yokoyu River which brims with rustic beauty, and is located 30 minutes by foot from the free parking lot at Kanbayashi hot spring.
- Nagano Pref. Shimotakaigunyamanouchimachi Hirao 6845
- Kita-Shinano Area
[Apr.--Around Oct.] 8:30-17:00
[Nov.--Around Mar.] 9:00-16:00
* Business Hours is a guide, so it may differ.
* There is a possibility of temporary closure due to natural disasters, etc.
- [Admission fee] Adults (Over 18) 800yen, Children (Elementary School Students-High School Students) 400yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 15, 2020 (Information as of May 14, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 0-30 minutes (walk about 30 minutes one way from the parking lot to the public park)
- Wheelchair accessible
- * Not recommended because it is in the mountains
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Best Places To See Wild Animals In Japan
- Japan | Islands
- 6 of the best places to see wild monkeys in Japan
- Japan | Animal Encounters
- 2020-2021 Snow Resort Guide in Japan: Asia’s Winter Wonderland
- Japan | Indoor Activities
- The Snow Monkeys of Nagano
- Nagano | Animal Encounters
- Nagano City Overview
- Nagano | Area Guide
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.