Chirihama Beach Driveway (千里浜なぎさドライブウェイ)
Chirihama Beach Driveway is a tourist highway that extends for approximately 8 km along sandy beach from Imahama, Hodatsushimizu-cho, Hakui District, in Ishikawa Prefecture to Chirihama Town. The sand has been compacted so hard by the action of the waves that it is as hard as a surfaced road, making it possible for cars and buses to drive along the beach; it is the only beach driveway of its kind in Japan. In summer, many tourists visit the area to relax at the beach or go shellfish-gathering. In TripAdvisor’s 2016 Travelers’ Choice Awards for the Best Beaches in the World, Chirihama Beach ranked number one within Japan.
Ishikawa Prefecture Hakui (KanazawaArea)
Free passage *There is an intrusion restriction due to weather and wave conditions.
- Free passage *There is an intrusion restriction due to weather and wave conditions.
- It may not be possible to pass depending on the weather
- [Toll] Free
- Parking Lot
- Not available
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 15, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Long, thin Ishikawa prefecture runs along the Sea of Japan up into Noto Peninsula. Highlights of the seaside towns lining the west coast include Kanazawa, often described as a "Little Kyoto" thanks to its old wooden tea houses and geisha culture as well as its picturesque Japanese garden, Kenroku-en.