Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum福井県立恐竜博物館
Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur Museum is a specialist geology and paleontology museum, focused particularly on dinosaurs, which is located in Katsuyama City, Fukui Prefecture (an area where many dinosaur fossils have been found). More than 40 complete dinosaur skeletons are on display, enabling visitors to get a feel for just how big dinosaurs were. The Museum also has large-scale dioramas and a computer graphics theatre that recreate the type of prehistoric forest in which dinosaurs lived, giving visitors a sense of having “traveled back in time.” Both adults and children can enjoy learning about the history of the Earth through the dinosaurs’ story.
Fukui Pref. Katsuyamashi Murokochou Terao 51-11 Toyama dinosaur forest (Fukui / Katsuyama / AwaraArea)
9:00-17:00 (until 16:30) * Opening hours are extended Sunday
Review of Fukui Prefectural Dinosaur MuseumTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
This dinosaur museum is...
- Fukui Pref. Katsuyamashi Murokochou Terao 51-11 Toyama dinosaur forest [ map ]
- 9:00-17:00 (until 16:30) * Opening hours are extended Sunday
- 2nd, 4Wednesday (In case of Public holiday, The next day/Summer vacation Period is open everyday), New Year's Holiday, There may be days when the facility is closed.
- [Admission fee to view] General730yen, 420yen, Elementary and Junior High School Students260yen
- Parking Lot
- Available Parking lot in park/Free/1500spaces
- Credit Card
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- View route from Station View route from Bus Stop View route from IC View route from Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Fukui Main Areas
Northeast of Kyoto, the ancient Tojinbo Cliffs separate Fukui prefecture from the Sea of Japan in a stretch of land well worth exploring. Water sports and seaside delicacies are available in abundance as the spectacular rugged coastline flattens down into beaches to the west of the prefecture, while inland, Fukui is home to Zen Buddhist temples and historic ruins.