Higashiyama Zoo and Botanical Gardens
Amusement Park / Theme Park
The Higashiyama Zoo and Botanical Gardens are located within Higashiyama Park in Nagoya City, and are divided up into three zones comprised of a zoo, botanical gardens, and an amusement park. The zoo is home to approximately 500 types of animals ranging from popular creatures such as elephants, giraffes and koalas to killifish. Complete with a corner to enjoy feeding and petting of animals, the zoo attracted attention in 2015 for its very handsome gorilla, Shabani, who was said to be “too ikemen” (a colloquial phrase for “hot guy”). The botanical gardens which display approximately 7,000 types of plants allows visitors to come in contact with nature in the large greenhouse and around the gentle walking course. The amusement park is popular among families with many attractions costing between 100 and 300 yen.
- Aichi Pref. Nagoyashi Chikusa-ku Higashiyamamotomachi 3-70
- 9:00-16:50(Last entry16:30)
- Monday (next weekday for public holidays), New Year's holiday(12/29-1/1)
[Up to junior high school student]Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Available (Smoking area in the park only)
- Available (Available in some areas)
- English Menu
- Available (English version in the park)
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 120 minutes or more
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Amazing Zoo!
- Wow! Such an incredible zoo. So many things to see it takes all day. My only suggestion for improvement would be for them to charge more for the tickets. Costs only 500 Yen --should be 3 or 4 times...
- MANY ANIMALS ARE KEPT IN VERY LOW CONDITIONS!!!
- Went there for the first time the other day. While it looks like the Botanical gardens are very well taken care of, I cant say the same for the animals.Many of them are kept in SHOCKINGLY BAD...
- Very Nice Zoo
- Very nice Zoo to visit and great layout. They are making new building now, but still great on the layout. You can visit the Zoo and the Garden. I had a few hours so looked at the animals.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.