Atsuta Jingu (Atsuta Shrine)
This shrine located in Nagoya City’s Atsuta Ward has been known familiarly as “Atsuta Sama” since long ago. Reported to have been established in 113, it is revered as a Great Shrine ranking second only to Ise Jingu Shrine. The shrine is famous as a place that enshrines the sacred sword Kusanagi-no-tsurugi, one of the three sacred treasures that symbolize the Imperial throne. The approximately 190,000-square meter premises are thick with kusunoki (camphor trees) that have been living for more than one thousand years, and are scattered with numerous setsumatsu-sha (smaller shrines managed under the shrine). There are numerous events and festivals held at the shrine including Hatsu Ebisu on January 5, and it is constantly bustling with visitors for Shichi-Go-San (shrine visit by children aged 7, 5 and 3), omiya-mairi (the first shrine visits by babies) and even Hatsu Mode (the first shrine visit of New Year).
- Aichi Pref. Nagoyashi Atsuta-ku Jingu 1-1-1
- Open 24 hours
- open everyday
- Free [Treasure Hall] [Adult] 300yen [Elementary and junior high school students] 150yen * Changes may occur when special exhibitions and special exhibitions are held.
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available (Space Available outside the torii gate)
- English Menu
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Calm and peaceful
- A beautiful shrine set in splendid nature that is very well-maintained. Enjoyed the serene surroundings as I strolled through the forested path to the shrine. Theres a peaceful walking trail around...
- Serene. Tranquil.
- We arrived 1400h. There was only two tour buses. The rest were locals. So it was pretty quiet. It can get very crowded on special occasions and different season. It was a lovely walk and offering of...
- Great visit!
- Must Visit to this shrine... took a 20mins ride taxi to this shrine. There’s a nearby subway so is convenient too.Is a big shrine and since I have a senior with me so not must explore around. Is a...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.