Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technologyトヨタ産業技術記念館
This is the corporate museum of the Toyota Group, which transitioned into the automobile industry from the textile machinery industry and has now become a global automobile manufacturer. The museum uses the brick building that was the former Sako Plant of Toyoda Automatic Loom Works. The exhibits inside the museum are divided into the Textile Machinery Pavilion and the Automobile Pavilion, and in the Textile Machinery Pavilion visitors can learn about textile machinery and the evolution of technology. The Automobile Pavilion introduces the mechanism of automobiles and the exercise of developmental technology and production technology. There is also a monozukuri (Japanese craftsmanship) corner intended for children.
Aichi Pref. Nagoyashi Nishi-ku Noritakeshinmachi 4-1-35 (NagoyaArea)
9:30-17:00 (Last admission 16:30)
Review of Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and TechnologyTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
There are student rates.
Suggest to follow the English tour and guide for various machines. Made it much better...
- Aichi Pref. Nagoyashi Nishi-ku Noritakeshinmachi 4-1-35 [ map ]
- 9:30-17:00 (Last admission 16:30)
- Monday (The next day for public holidays), New Year's Holiday
- [Admission fee]General500yen, High school students 300yen, Elementary School Students200yen
- Parking Lot
- Available Passenger car 220spaces/Bus 10spaces(Free)
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, TS3)
- Other (Smoking area available outside the building)
- Available (NAGOYA Free Wi-Fi *only some)
- Vegetarian Menu
- English Menu
- Halal certified
- Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 28, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- Route from this Station Route from this Bus Stop Route from this IC Route from this Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Aichi is a prefecture of great natural beauty with Nagoya city at its heart, a busy hub home to a labyrinth of underground shops and the 17th-century Nagoya Castle. Castles are easy to find in this history-rich prefecture, but the highlight for history buffs has to be the Museum Meiji-mura, where preserved buildings from the turn of the 20th century are displayed in all their grandeur in an outdoor museum.