Toyota Commemorative Museum of Industry and Technology
This is the corporate museum of the Toyota Group, which transitioned into the automobile industry from the textile machinery industry and has now become a global automobile manufacturer. The museum uses the brick building that was the former Sako Plant of Toyoda Automatic Loom Works. The exhibits inside the museum are divided into the Textile Machinery Pavilion and the Automobile Pavilion, and in the Textile Machinery Pavilion visitors can learn about textile machinery and the evolution of technology. The Automobile Pavilion introduces the mechanism of automobiles and the exercise of developmental technology and production technology. There is also a monozukuri (Japanese craftsmanship) corner intended for children.
- Aichi Pref. Nagoyashi Nishi-ku Noritakeshinmachi 4-1-35
- Nagoya Station Area
9:30-17:00 (Last entry16:30)
*Please check the official website for details.
- Monday (The next day for Public holidays), New Year's holiday
- [Admission fee] General500yen, Junior and Senior High School Students 300yen, Elementary School Students 200yen
- Parking Lot
Available (220 spaces for passenger cars, 10 spaces for buses)
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, TS3)
- Available (Smoking area available outside the building)
- Available (NAGOYA Free Wi-Fi *partial only)
- Vegetarian Menu
- Available (available at the cafe)
- English Menu
- Halal certified
Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 28, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- One of my all Time Favorites!
- This museum was so much fun! The entrance fee was small, ¥500. We spent over two hours here. I had no idea that Toyota started as an automatic loom factory. I learned so much here and the staff was...
- Wonderful Museum in Nagoya!!
- I went there in July. Now because of infection control for COVID19,we need to reserve an admission just only Saturday and Sunday. For weekdays we can enter there. But when more than 20 members go...
- Through History Of The Motor Giant
- We took a walk up to the Museum on a rainy day, it was a memorable experience on the two plus kilometres journey which was through some less commercialized area. The museum housed inside few...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.