Zoorasia - Yokohama Zoological Gardens
Located in the Asahi Ward of Yokohama City, Zoorasia (Yokohama Zoological Gardens) is a zoo inspired by the vision of “Symbiosis of Life and Harmony with Nature.” Zoorasia covers a total area of approximately 53.3 hectares, making it Japan’s largest zoo. The name “Zoorasia” (combing “Zoo” and “Eurasia”) reflects the large size of the zoo, comparing it (tongue-in-cheek) to the size of the Eurasian continent. The zoo is divided into eight zones based on climatic and geographic conditions in different parts of the world, recreating the kinds of environment in which the animals live in the wild. Every summer, the zoo stays open in the evening as “Night Zoorasia”; public response to this initiative has been very positive.
- Kanagawa Pref. Yokohamashi Asahi-ku Kamishiranechou 1175-1
- 9:30-16:30(Last entry16:00)
Tuesday (The next day for public holidays), 12/29-1/1
[Admission fee]Adults(18 and over)800yen, Junior high school students300yen, Elementary and junior high school students200yen, Elementary school studentsFree
* Every Saturday is free for elementary, middle and high school students (student ID required)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, Diners Club)
- Not available
- English Menu
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until June 10, 2020 (Information as of May 28, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 180 to 240 minutes (approximately 3 to 4 hours excluding breaks)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Dont make my travel mistake
- I left Queensland for the zoo around 1:00 pm. But between subways, trains, lunch and a bus I didnt arrive until 3:30 pmAnd it closes at 4:30 pm !!! Why didnt I research this ?Anyway, I power...
- Nice array of animals
- Large zoo set in very nice gardens and shaded areas. Interesting mix of animals some of which we had not seen before such clouded leopard and the proboscis monkey. Displays had a number of viewing...
- Dont miss
- Though it is located in Yokohama which is far from Tokyo still I recommend it strongly to the travelers traveling to Japan. Please keep minimum 3-4 hours time to cover the entire zoo. Moreover...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.