Kitaguchihongu Fuji Sengenjinja
This shrine boasts some 1,900 years of history and is also known as the starting point for the Mt. Fuji Yoshida Trail. The shrine flourished in the Edo period as a center for Mt. Fuji worship, and one can still sense the vestiges of this period on the shrine’s extravagant grounds. The goddess of Mt. Fuji, Konohanasakuya-hime, is enshrined here, and it is said she grants easy childbirth and the prevention of fires. The Yoshida Fire Festival, considered one of Japan’s top three unusual festivals, is held here very year on August 26 and 27.
- Yamanashi Pref. Fujiyoshidashi Kamiyoshida 5558 Map
- open everyday
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Absolute Must! Key element in Japanese History
- We would strongly recommend having a guide that knows the history if this place, it will only elevate the experience. This is a starting point for the ascent of Mt Fuji and understanding the rituals...
- The Shrine and Trees were Beautiful!
- Such an incredible Shrine. I visited this shrine off the road and walked the beautiful path to the shrine. The path was full of beautifully huge trees and structures. Once I entered the grounds of...
- Important historical and cultural location to know the sacred Mt. Fuji
- Kitaguchi Hongu Fuji Sengen Jinja Shrine is the most respected Shrine in Fuji Yoshida city at the base of Mt. Fuji.It is the step to climb Mt. Fuji for the pilgrims back in the old days so it could...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.