Okinawa Prefectural Museum & Art Museum
Museum / Science Museum
The Okinawa Prefectural Museum & Art Museum, which is the largest museum of its kind in Okinawa Prefecture, is located approximately 10 minutes’ walk from Omoromachi Station on the Okinawa Urban Monorail (Yuirail) line. Besides the Museum’s permanent exhibitions—which comprise general exhibitions relating to Okinawa’s natural environments, history and culture, as well as five sub-exhibitions on natural history etc.—special exhibitions are also held. The outdoor display area, with its reconstructions of a traditional Ryukyuan farmhouse and storehouse, is particularly popular with visitors. The Art Museum’s collections are focused on the work of artists with a connection to Okinawa island or Okinawa Prefecture, as well as modern and contemporary art; exhibits include contemporary artworks from Japan, other Asian countries, and the U.S.A., etc.
- Okinawa Pref. Nahashi Omoromachi 3-1-1
- Naha / Shuri Area
- 9:00-18:00 [Friday/Saturday] 9:00-20:00 * Last entry is 30 minutes before closing
- Monday (open if Monday is a public holiday, a substitute public holiday, or a memorial Sunday, and closed the following weekday), New Year's holiday, etc.
- [Museum] [General] 530yen [High school students] 270yen [Elementary school students (outside the prefecture)] 150yen [Museum] [General] 400yen [High school students] 220yen [Elementary school students (outside the prefecture)] 100yen [70 years old and over, Elementary and junior high school students in the prefecture] Free * Special exhibitions and special exhibitions are not included
- Parking Lot
- Available (158 spaces, 4 spaces for disabled, 10 spaces for large buses, 25 spaces for bicycle parking)
- Credit Card
- Available (museum shop only)
- Not available
- Available (entrance hall only)
- Vegetarian Menu
- Not available
- Permanent Museum Exhibition, Museum Collection Exhibition with sound guide (Sunday, English, Chinese, Korean, Spain, 5 languages)
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- A nice museum with lots to show. I specifically liked the natural history sections a lot. In some sections, there is no English translation on the info cards, so you may get lost a little if you do...
- wonderful museum
- I had a wonderful time walking through the museum. I was especially happy to see their exhibits of the past. Also they have a wonderful shop which for me has the best collection of post cards.free...
- Great facility for learning about a broad range of Okinawan topics
- I really enjoyed exploring this facility. There are so many different topics covered in the various rooms. I spent nearly five hours in the facility and enjoyed every aspect of it. The big rock...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.
Other areas of Okinawa
- Okinawa Island (Central)
- Aeon Mall Okinawa Rycom
- Southeast Botanical Gardens
- Okinawa Zoo & Museum
- Resort Area (West Coast)
- Cape Manzamo
- Onna no Eki Nakayukui Market
- Cape Zanpa
- Nago / Motobu Peninsula
- Kouri Island
- Nago Pineapple Park
- Nakijin Castle Ruins
- Yaeyama Islands
- Yonaguni Island
- Hateruma Island
- Taketomi Island