"This aquarium was designed to be an ""oasis in the sky."" Located inside Sunshine City, an Ikebukuro landmark, in addition to being visited by tourists from across the country and the world, the aquarium is also a favorite destination for couples, friends, families, and people of all ages. Along with exhibits modeled after actual coral reefs, lakes, rivers, and other scenery, the aquarium's new atmospheric jellyfish exhibit, remodeled and reopened on July 9, 2020, is also popular. In the aquarium's outdoor area, visitors can see seals and penguins swimming overhead as if they were flying through the sky."
- Tokyo Toshima-ku Higashikebukuro 3-1 Sunshine City World Import Mart Bill/rooftop
*Last entry 60 minutes ago
*Subject to change
- open everyday
- [Admission fee] [Adult] 2,400yen [Small/Junior high school students] 1,200yen [4 years old-less than Elementary school students] 700yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club, UC, MUFGCARD, etc.)
- Not available
- Vegetarian Menu
- Not available
- English Menu
Temporary closure:Currently closed (information as of May 27, 2020)
*Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Day] 1,001-3,000yen [Night] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Aquarium on a roof
- A cool location for an aquarium and lots of different animals, both fishes and mamals. We visited in the evening which was nice because we were almost alone there, staff exepted.
- Penguins & Rooftop Seals, Oh My!
- We have stopped by the Sunshine Aquarium in Ikubukuro a few times as family & with friends from out of country. The staff are always warm and welcoming to foreigners and try their best to help us in...
- If you’re nearby or with children
- If you’ve been to an aquarium before, and are not with children or close by you may want to skip this. I’ve been to a couple aquariums before and this was not the best. My father and I had a good...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.