Showa Kinen Park
Park / Green Space
Established to commemorate the 50th anniversary of Emperor Showa's reign, this is a national park built on the grounds of the former Tachikawa Airport with an area of 180 hectares (approximately 40 times the size of Tokyo Dome). Visitors to the spacious park can view various flowers and plants throughout the year, and in spring guests can enjoy more than 1,500 cherry trees in bloom. Rainbow Pool, available only in summer, is a wide water space some 1.4 times the size of Tokyo Dome. In winter, there is also a Christmas illumination. The Green Cultural Zone is not only used as an event space but also for a fireworks festival in summer.
- Tokyo Tachikawashi Midorichou 3173 Map
- Northern Tama Area
- [Mar.--Octo.] 9:30-17:00 [Nov.--Feb.] 9:30-16:30 [Apr.--Sep. Saturday Sunday Public holidays] 9:30-18:00
- New Year's Holiday(12/31-1/1), Jan.'s 4thMonday and the next day
- [GeneralAdmission fee] Adults (High School Students and above) 450yen, Silver (Over 65) 210yen, Junior High School Students and below Free
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Available (only in specified locations)
- Not available
- English Menu
Temporary suspension:Currently closed (information as of April 21, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 120 minutes or more
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Kids Playground par Excellence!
- Flowers & Gardens, like the Teien, are always beautiful, but it is not well known that the kids area is very imaginative, creative, and great fun for younger kids. There is a huge, white...
- Great Place to Bike
- There are some great bike baths there. Also, the pool is excellent. I would go again. You should really go.
- Great place to bicycle
- On Showa Day, entrance is free. But, beware of crowds.For the first time in all of our visits here, we had to wait in line for available bicycles.Bicycling here is one of the last things we do on...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.