Castle / Ruins of Castle
This is a castle which is said to have been constructed at the end of the Kamakura period by Utsunomiya Toyofusa who entered the domain as a protector. Thereafter, the castle was restored by the castle fortification expert, Todo Takatora, and the castle town was prosperous as the center of politics and economy of the Iyo Ozu feudal clan. Due to deterioration, the castle keep was demolished in 1888, but thereafter it was restored in 2004. It is a wooden keep reconstruction which was faithfully reproduced based on historical facts. Four turrets such as the kitchen turret and the southern corner turret have been designated as an Important Cultural Properties of Japan.
- Ehime Pref. Ozushi Ozu 903 Map
- 9:00-17:00 (Last entry at 16:30)
- open everyday
[Children (Junior high school students and below)]220yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Not available
- Available (Ehime Free Wi-Fi)
- English Menu
- Available (English pamphlet, English description inside the castle)
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until June 19, 2020 (Information as of June 15, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- A castle in the middle of town.
- At last, a castle in the middle of town. Not mountain climbing, just a gentle stroll. Inside is just average, but its a pleasant enough place to stop off for a coffee.
- Beautiful Example of a Reconstructed Castle!
- Arriving at JR Iyo-Ozu Station after spending some 6-hrs walking around nearby Uchiko, I was weary, behind schedule and it had now started a persistent drizzle. Not facing a 30-minute walk given the...
- Old, but reconstructed
- Great castle - old, though reconstructed. The museum staff take care of every little thing there! Marvellous view from the top, nice park arounf the castle. Three of us were the only tourists on a...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.