Ryugado Cave is a sightseeing limestone cave which is representative of Japan, which is said to have been formed over roughly 175 million years. There are remains of a cave dwelling from the Yayoi period in the vicinity of the entrance of an internal cave, and “Kami no Tsubo” can be seen within the cave in which Yayoi pottery has been integrated into stalactites. You can enjoy the beauty of nature moulding such as stalactite, stalagmite or celestial stone of 11 meters in height in this cave. There is a standard sightseeing course of about one kilometer but the 90 minute course in which you stretch and make progress through narrow caves and also the “Adventure Course” in which you climb onto three meter high rocks using ropes are also popular.
- Kouchi Pref. Kamishi Tosayamadachousakakawa 1424 Map
- Kami / Konan Area
[3/Jan.- End of Nov.] 8:30-17:00
[12/Jan.- End of Feb.] 8:30-16:30
- open everyday
- Adults1,200yen, Junior High School Students700yen, Elementary School Students550yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available(VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX)
Temporary suspension of business:Closed until May 15, 2020 (Information as of May 14, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Pet friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Itineraries about this spot
- Remember to duck your head
- You enter the cave complex at the bottom of a hill and climb up and up before exiting into sunlight, and then it’s a long staircase and walkway back down. I didn’t see any warnings (in English) that...
- A Perfect Hot Day Activity
- Visited here in the humid heat in the middle of summer. What a relief! The caves were nice and cool and absolutely beautiful. You can take your time wandering through. The price is a little steep at...
- Beautiful Caves, Beautiful people of Kochi
- The caves were amazingly beautiful. I loved the work out. Lots of stairs, inclines, and windy areas, made it very interesting. I bought some items in the gift store and left my phone there. Our...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.