Tokushima Prefectural Awa Jurobe Yashiki (Puppet Theater and Museum)
Museum / Science Museum
Located approximately 15 minutes by car or 30 minutes by bus from JR Tokushima Station, the Tokushima Prefectural Awa Jurobe Yashiki (Puppet Theater and Museum) is housed in the former residence of Bando Jurobe, the historical figure who inspired the Ningyo Joruri puppet theater play Keisei Awa no Naruto. Awa Ningyo Joruri puppet theater performances are held in the Museum on a daily basis. The Museum’s exhibition room houses displays on the Ningyo Joruri puppet theater tradition and on the deko puppets used. A wide range of special events are held to provide opportunities for more people to learn about Ningyo Joruri puppet theatre.
- Tokushima Pref. Tokushimashi Kawauchichou Miyajimahonura 184
- New Year's holiday(12/31-1/3)
[High school/college student]310yen
[Elementary/Junior high school students]200yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Available (smoking space only)
- English Menu
- * You can use the GO TO Travel Area Common Coupon.
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- I loved everything about this place. Get there about 30 minutes early and catch the guided museum tour; a docent shows how the puppets work. The museum exhibits are all in English as well as...
- Excellent introduction to Japanese puppet theater
- Japan has developed a very specific art for puppet theater, very different from Europe and even from Vietnam. This museum offers a unique introduction to this art, showing all the different facets...
- A Great Introductoin to Japanese Puppet Theater
- Not only is there a small museum with displays about puppets, but visitors are allowed to handle real puppets and learn how they work. Be sure to attend one of the performances in the theater. It is...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.