Iwami Ginzan World Heritage Center
Museum / Science Museum
This is a museum located in Omori Town, Ota City, Shimane Prefecture, introducing the history and mining technology of Iwami Silver Mine, a World Heritage site. The exhibition content is arranged in a way that is easy for both adults and children to understand, focused mainly on models, images and replicas. The permanent exhibit also features a diorama of the entire silver mine and actual silver ore that can be held. A limited guided walking tour of the mine’s largest tunnel “Okubomabu” is also popular.
- Shimane Pref. Odashi Omorichou A) 1597-3
[Mar.- Nov.] 9:00-17:30
- MonthlyLast Tuesday, New Year's holiday
[Admission fee] Free
[Fee Exhibition Room Admission fee]
[General]310yen (Group 260yen)
[Elementary and junior high school students]150yen (Group 100yen)
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Available (Gintele wi-fi)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- A beautiful traditional village
- Expect for unexpectedOmori -cho a town of 400 people wa given a world heritage status by Unesco for its still remaining abundant nature together with its history the most active silver mines in the...
- Look closer than the statistics do
- I spent 6 hours to go around the village and the former mining place. The village has 405 residents. The mining activities started from 1300s until 1900s.If you just look into that statistics and...
- Tolle Erlebnisse in Iwami Ginza
- We went to the silver mining area as there was a recommendation in the lonely planet guidebook. The area is not as touristy as the big cities but they have a lot of handy features vor foreign...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.