Marukin Soy Sauce Museum
This museum was constructed in 1987 to commemorate the 80th anniversary of the founding of Marukin Shoyu. The gassho-zukuri (a traditional style of Japanese architecture with a steep thatched roof) building has been designated as a National Registered Tangible Cultural Property. Inside the museum are panels that introduce the soy sauce manufacturing process and displays of tools that were actually used in the production of soy sauce since the company was founded. Visitors can try soy sauce soft cream in the adjacent production building and this unique flavor can only be had here. Tours of the press factory that is currently still in use are also possible.
- Kagawa Pref. Shouzugunshoudoshimachou Nouma A 1850
- Shodo Island Area
- 9:00-16:00 [7/20-8/31/10/16-11/30] 9:00-16:30
- Irregular holidays
- [Admission fee] Free * There is a possibility of becoming a fee
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Available (only some)
- Not available
Temporary suspension:Closed until May 14, 2020 (Information as of May 14, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1-1,000yen Remarks:Friday amount purchased at the shop
- Estimated stay time
- 0-30 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Yes (Some slopes are supported, but there are stairs)
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Yes (possible when using cage) * Shops are not possible
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Quick Visit
- Interesting place.You can see here the old advertisement posters of the Marukin soy sauce and various tools and processes used in making soy sauce.
- Interesting to see how soy sauce was made
- We visited here with a group of 15 and found it very interesting to see how soy sauce was made in the old days. We did not realise what a long and labour intensive process it was. The small shop on...
- Ok for a quick visit ...
- There is really not much here, besides showing how soya sauce is made. Artefacts are laid out in a biggish hall, with some English signs.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.