Yumeji Art Museum (Honkan)
The museum was opened in 1984, near the Korakuen Garden in commemoration of the 100th birthday of Yumeji Takehisa. Here, in addition to the hanging scrolls drawn by Yumeji, the main building has about 3,000 items including watercolors and oil paintings, letters and books and other materials. In addition to the permanent exhibition where about 100 works can be seen, exhibitions introducing Yumeji’s art from various viewpoints is held several times a year. At the museum cafe, you can have fancy European baked raisin cookies called Garibaldi which were a favorite of Yumeji.
- Okayama Pref. Okayamashi Naka-ku Hama 2-1-32 Map
- 9:00-17:00(Last entry16:30)
- Monday(The next day in case of public holiday/substitute public holiday), New Year's holiday(12/28-1/1)
[Middle/high school/college student]400yen
[Elementary school students]300yen
*100% discount for 65 and over residents in Okayama Prefecture upon presentation of proof
- Parking Lot
- Available(10spaces, 2spaces for large bus)
- Credit Card
Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB)
*Museum shop and cafe only
- Not available
- Available (Okayama Wi-Fi)
- English Menu
Temporary suspension:Closed until May 6, 2020 (Information as of May 5, 2020)
* Information may be changed, so please be sure to check the official information.
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Itineraries about this spot
- Each of his drawings are very beautiful and I enjoyed so much!After that I went to the cafe in this museum.
- A small museum with pleasant surprises!
- The Yumeji Art Museum is located right across the bridge from the Korayuen (North Gate / parking lot), around 5 minutes of walking on foot.The museum is dedicated to the Japanese artist Yumeji...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.