Hiroshima Prefectural Art Museum
Hiroshima Prefectural Art Museum is a museum in Hiroshima City, Naka Ward, Hiroshima Prefecture. Boasting a collection of more than 4,800 pieces including Important Cultural Properties, focusing on modern Western paintings and Japanese paintings, as well as “Craft Art of Japan and Asia”. The collection includes many artworks of artists from the Hiroshima region, such as Katsuzo Entsuba and Ikuo Hirayama. The museum holds special exhibitions and themed lecture events to compliment them as well as changing the exhibition about four times a year. From the museum lobby and the resting lounge, you can enjoy the scenery of a Place of Scenic Beauty, the Shukkeien garden next to the museum.
- Hiroshima Pref. Hiroshimashinakaku Kaminoborichou 2-22
- Hiroshima Area
9:00-17:00 (Admission until 30 minutes before closing)
*Hours may be extended on Fridays
- Monday(Public holidays, during some special exhibitions, substitute public holidays open), New Year's holiday(12/25-1/1)
- [Admission fee]General510yen, University student 310yen, Free for high school students and younger (extra charge for special exhibitions Friday)
- Parking Lot
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- Excellent museum - do not miss the Dali!
- The previous year when we visited Shukkeien garden we didn’t allow time for the museum and that was a mistake. The entrance ticket to the garden also includes entrance to the general exhibits at the...
- Small museum
- Its convenient stop on the tour bus route. Small museum, beautiful garden. A few Western collections. The special collection is about a Japanese cartoonist, no English at all, so just a quick tour.
- Art Museum
- . A walking distance from the castle, this museum is a relatively newer one originally built in 1968 and reconstructed in 1996. The museum houses beautiful art, paintings, and study material. The...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.
Other areas of Hiroshima
- Fukuyama / Tomonoura
- Fukuyama Castle
- Miroku no Sato
- Akinada Tobishima Kaido / Takehara
- Okunoshima Island
- Takehara Important Preservation District
- Aohata Jam Deck