Sendai City Museum仙台市博物館
This museum primarily displays items related to the history and culture of the Sendai Clan, based on materials donated from the Date family. The trademark golden crescent moon crested helmet is a piece of the black lacquer five-layered body armor (an important cultural property) used by Lord Masamune Date, which is housed here along with the 8-meter-wide large painting of the ''Tempo Kuniezu Mutsu-no-Kuni Sendai-ryo.'' Also on display are many treasured archives related to the national treasures of the envoys to Europe during the Keicho Era, which are UNESCO World Heritages. Special exhibits and other scheduled exhibits are also held 3-4 times a year.
Miyagi Pref. Sendaishi Aoba-ku Kawauchi 26 (Sendai castle Sannomaru trace) (SendaiArea)
9:00-16:45 (until 16:15 for admission)
Review of Sendai City MuseumTripAdvisor Traveler Rating
We caught the subway and walked about 10-15 minutes...
- Miyagi Pref. Sendaishi Aoba-ku Kawauchi 26 (Sendai castle Sannomaru trace) [ map ]
- 9:00-16:45 (until 16:15 for admission)
- Monday (Open for Public holiday), The next day for Public holiday (Open for SaturdaySunday Public holiday)
- [Permanent exhibition Admission fee] General 460yen, High School Students 230yen, Jr/Junior High School Students 110yen (special exhibitions are separate)
- Parking Lot
- Available 50spaces
- Credit Card
- Not available
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
- On foot aboutminutes
- about m
- View route from Station View route from Bus Stop View route from IC View route from Parking
Nearby Tourist Attractions
Miyagi Main Areas
Lying along the northeastern coast of Japan, Miyagi prefecture is home to lashings of natural parks, oysters, and hot springs. While the bustling city of Sendai offers some simple city entertainment, it's the Matsushima islands that deserve the most attention, having boosted the prefecture's reputation as one of Japan's most scenic views.