Tsugaruhan Neputa Mura
Museum / Science Museum
This is an experience-based tourist facility in Hirosaki City, Aomori Prefecture, themed on local culture including the Hirosaki Neputa festival and the Tsugaru region. The permanent exhibition features displays on Hirosaki Neputa and accompanying musical demonstrations. One can learn about local craftwork and have a production experience, and in the Tsugaru shamisen corner one can not only listen to a live performance but also try playing the shamisen under the guidance of a professional. There is also a free to enter shopping area offering locally-produced vegetables, apples and handicrafts.
- Aomori Pref. Hirosakishi Kamenokoumachi 61
- open everyday
- [Admission fee] General550yen, Junior high and high school students 350yen, Elementary school students220yen, Toddlers (3 years old and over) 110yen
- Parking Lot
- Credit Card
- Available (VISA, MasterCard, JCB, AMEX, UnionPay, DISCOVER, Diners Club)
- Vegetarian Menu
- Available (reservation required)
- English Menu
- Available (English, Korean, Chinese, Thai, German, French, Spanish)
- Can be enjoyed even on a rainy day
- Average budget
- [Lunch] 1,001-3,000yen
- Estimated stay time
- 60-120 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Potentially an interesting visit
- We visited as part of a visit to Hirosaki Castle (see my other review). Unfortunately the English presentation we were supposed to have, for some reason didnt happen. The explanations on the...
- Illuminated papier mache floats and lanterns, drumming and history
- This facility does extensive coverage of the Neputa Festival, one of the best known in Japan. There is an informative introduction with drumming and other music. The large floats with (to me...
- Interesting Tour Stop
- We came here as part of a tour excursion. Interesting exhibits of floats from the matsuri as well as a demonstration of festival drumming and chanting. The art on the floats is amazing. The area is...
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.