Park / Green Space
This is a park in the center of Hirosaki City, Aomori Prefecture, established on the grounds of Hirosaki Castle. Many elements inside the park are designated as important cultural assets of Japan, and visitors can see remains of the feudal era including the castle tower, five castle gates and a watchtower. With a moat surrounded by Japan’s oldest Somei Yoshino cherry trees, it is known as one of the prefecture’s leading cherry blossom spots. Many visitors come for the spring cherry blossom festival, as well as the autumn leaves festival and winter snow lantern festival, with several events going on throughout the year.
- Aomori Pref. Hirosakishi Shimoshiroganechou 1
Open 24 hours
* 4/23-5/5 is 7:00-21:00
* On 11/24-3/31, the pay area will be open everyday, and the castle tower will be closed.
※Some facilities paid
- Parking Lot
- Not available
- Credit Card
- Not available
- Others (Available only in smoking areas)
- English Menu
- Average budget
- Estimated stay time
- 30-60 minutes
- Wheelchair accessible
- Infant friendly
- Pet friendly
- Yes (only when using cage etc.)
Information Sources: NAVITIME JAPAN
Articles about this spot
- Sad winter park.
- Hirosaki Park is a sad sight in winter, and early March is still winter here. The main attractions, including the botanical garden, are closed. Snow patches remain on the soggy ground and the...
- Plenty to enjoy
- The park is famous for its cherry blossom in Spring. To visit it in autumn is equally enjoyable. First of all, there are much less visitors. You do not have to push your way through the crowds as...
- BIG AND PLENTY TO SEE
- There is not just a castle there, There is an excellent arboretum with a good cross section of the local plants.
TripAdvisor Traveler RatingView more
- m | On foot about minutes
There is no Station nearby. There is no Bus Stop nearby. There is no Parking nearby. There is no IC nearby.